Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Quilt for Eva

I finally finished it!  I have been working on this quilt for way too long...but with the kids out of school for the Summer there just doesn't seem to be much time for sewing!  This quilt is for my oldest niece.  Her name is Eva Cherie (after her favorite aunt) and she turned 6 in June, this was supposed to be her birthday present (but it is just a tad late).  :)  I just love the yellow binding!  I think Eva will too!




This quilt is very long and narrow, my Sister asked for it to be a specific size to cover Eva's new bed.  My niece shares a room with her 3 year old little sister, Claire.  Below is the quilt that I made for her a few months back...

My Sister, Christie, is a HUGE Aneela Hoey fan (who isn't??) so both of the quilts for her girls are made with a mixture of Sherbet Pips, Little Apples and A Walk in the Woods.  These beautiful prints look perfect framed with Kona Solids!

Now that her quilt is FINALLY finished I can start cutting my fabric for the Vintage Holiday Quilt Along!  I am just itching to make more of those adorable ornament blocks!

Have a great week!!
Cherie 

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

1 comment: