Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Christmas in July and the poor Colorado Mountains….

It has been hot this summer…and I mean HOT!  It has been over 100 degrees everyday for the last few weeks.  And to make matters worse, our whole state is on fire.  Wildfires have run rampant in these hot, dry conditions.
So far the fires have consumed over 160,000 acres with over 300 homes and over 30,000 people evacuated.  It has all of us Coloradoans begging for rain…if not snow.
So how about something a little Christmas-y to get us cooled off?  I finished these patchwork stockings just in time for Christmas last year…
                              .

 and then made some for my younger sister….



and then made these for my oldest sister….




 and Christmas Eve I finished the last set for my twin sister.  (I was in such a rush I forgot to photograph them!)  They were so much fun to make!  I used the Thimble Blossoms “Merry” pattern by Camille Roskelley.  I love all of her patterns, they are so easy to follow with tons of pictures (I need the pictures).
I better get back to sucking down my root beer float.  But I will be back soon with another Christmas in July project.  Until then…try to stay cool!
Cherie

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment