Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Coolest Nursery EVER!

Today I wanted to share with you an oh, so fun project that I was lucky enough to work on!  If you love fabric then you certainly have heard of Kelle Boyd of Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman!  She is the genius behind Urban Zoologie, Metro Market and my personal favorite Remix!  I can't get enough of those adorable prints and bright colors!  And they look AMAZING in this nursery!
photo by Angela Crutcher
A few months ago Kelle e-mailed me and told me about a project she was working on.  It was going to be a shared nursery for a friend of hers who has a 9 year old daughter, Gaby,  and a soon to be adopted baby!!  Kelle asked if she could send me some of her amazing fabric and I could make a tent cover for her!  Free fabric from Kelle Boyd??!  Umm....yes!  Of course I graciously accepted and started working on colors and design.  The tutorial she used for the tent cover was the DIY A- Frame Tent from Cakies.  Such a great tutorial!  It has all of the measurements to build the frame and has the exact measurements for the tent cover.  After a few shared e-mails back and forth with Kelle we decided a simple patchwork pattern would look best, and I think it turned out awesome!

photo by Angela Crutcher
This whole room is just fantastic!  She did such a great job!  You can pop into Kelle's blog to see the rest of this awesome nursery!

I will be back soon to tell you about a new Quilt Along that I joined!  Can't wait to share it with you!  Here is a sneak peek of the fabrics I pulled for my quilt!
Be back soon with the details!  Hope you're having a great week!  

Cherie  

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

3 comments:

  1. Great nursery!! Love the fabrics you picked for the Quilt Along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Cherie! Good for you- the tent is adorable! I’ve actually been wanting one for a reading nook... do you sell the tent covers on your Etsy store? I might be interested... Anne Everitt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne for your kind words! Unfortunately, I am not offering these in the shop. Sorry I can't be of more help! Great to hear from you! :)

      Delete