Thursday, August 2, 2012

A New Quilt!

The summer rolls on over here!  It is now officially August and Back to School is so close I can taste it!!!  Oh, and the kids are getting very excited too (although no one is as excited as Mommy)!  :)

In the meantime I started a new quilt!  My Sister, Christie, asked me to make a quilt for her 3 year old daughter Claire.  All of the fabrics are from my Sister's glorious (and ever growing) stash!


Here are just a few of the blocks...we were trying to use the same colors as the last quilt I finished.  My nieces share a room and while the quilts need to be different we did want them to coordinate well.  We used lots of Flea Market Fancy, Picnic and Fairgrounds, Pezzy Prints and a bit of Katie Jump Rope.  I love how well the colors blend together!  I am using a tutorial by Allison at Cluck. Cluck. Sew.  It is called Squares & Strips and it is adorable!  I will be back soon with more pictures!

Have a great week!
Cherie

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love, love, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia! Some of my favorite fabrics!

      Delete