Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A New Quilt and the Last of the Vintage Holiday Blocks

As promised I wanted to share my new quilt with you!   My son, Cohen, is 5 years old and LOVES sea animals!  He also needs a new quilt for his bed...I was going to just use some really pretty fabrics in blues, greens and yellows, but when I saw Sarah Jane's "Out to Sea" line I fell in love with the narwhal print!  Narwhals are one of Cohen's favorite animals.  So I ordered a bit of that and then started looking for coordinating sea animal prints in those same colors.  And look what arrived in the mail!  Eeek!


Those little whales just kill me!  I showed them to Cohen and he was very excited!  :)  So I dug through my stash and pulled out some blenders and a couple of my favorites that I have been hoarding and this is what I came up with...




 I love how they are turning out!  And they are so much fun to make!  I also wanted to share with you the last four blocks of my Vintage Holiday Quilt!


This has been such a fun quilt to make!  I am sad that the blocks are all finished!  I will be back soon with (hopefully) a finished quilt top!

Have a great week!
Cherie



Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love that little boy quilt -- SO adorable!!! Your Vintage Holiday blocks are fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! What a fun quilt along it has been! Thank you again for hosting! :)

      Delete
  2. Your blocks are adorable. Now if only I can get time to get going on mine. I think that I am going to make some table runners out of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete